Monday, March 20, 2006

Visa medical exam

Before I forget, I wanted to mention that Jamie is the one posting the pictures and captions and I (Angela) am the one writing the journal entries. I really, *really* don't want to take credit for his work. ;-)

Our shopping trip, oops, I mean adoption trip, continues to go great. I think I have a baby here somewhere amid the piles of stuff I have bought.

This morning the babies had their medical exams for their visas. Before going into the medical building, we had to wait in a Greek restaurant, where they served us tea and coffee, plus fruit and pastries. The reason for any of this, I have no idea. We were then led through a back alley to get to the building. The medical building was very nice, with a lovely waiting area with lots of toys for the children. There were people there from many different countries. The doctor we saw was from Montreal, while some others saw an Australian doctor. She pronounced Rachel healthy and doing well on the growth charts.

In the afternoon I went shopping with another mom in our group. We went to a department store filled with kids' clothes and toys and had a great time. Our husbands were back at the hotel looking after the babies, so we were footloose and fancy-free. Our communication with the sales ladies consisted entirely of pointing, but seemed to work quite well.

This evening Rachel once again went to bed great. Jamie and I are going to watch an episode of "The Office" that he downloaded from the internet. Tomorrow we are going to the Forbidden City and Tianammen Square, then to the Silk Market in the afternoon. Yay, more shopping!

1 comment:

T&V Rafuse said...

Jamie is the man! More captions! More captions!