Thursday, February 08, 2007

Our "little" girl

At her recent check-up Rachel measured in the 75th percentile for height and weight. On the growth chart for Chinese girls, she is at around the 97th or 98th percentile. She wears 24-month sized clothes and size 6 shoes. When I heard that our baby was going to be from southern China I expected that she would be petite, but not so!

As soon as I can I will post a picture of her with her ponytails. Well, actually they are more like two little tufts of hair that I pulled into elastics, but when I stick a couple of bows or clips on there it looks pretty darn cute. Rachel has been bringing me the brush lately wanting me to do things to her hair like I do to her sister's, so I tried and found that she finally has enough hair to do something. When she looked at herself in the mirror she said "Pretty". Then she called out "Boys!" because she wanted to show off her new look to her brothers.

No comments: