Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow day!!

Yay, it's a snow day! There's nothing better than hearing "school is cancelled" on the radio, then rolling over and going back to sleep. Unfortunately I proceeded to have the craziest dream, in which the world was being taken over by robots who were turning people into evil mud creatures.









The girls and I decided to make pretzels (that were on my menu plan last week and I never got around to making).  They were great helpers!





Time for a banana break- baking is hard work!



While we were busy baking, Quentin went on an expedition in the snow.  It was a treacherous journey, but he made it back alive.




We then had a yummy brunch of strawberry breakfast braid (the girls helped make this also), bacon and eggs. 

By the time we were finished eating, the dough had risen, and everyone helped shape the pretzels.



And here is the finished product.  Yeah, I know they are a little too puffy, but hey, it was our first time.  Next time we'll know to roll them out thinner.


 Now Rachel is napping, and the big kids and I are going to play a board game.  If I get feeling really ambitious, I may change out of my jammies. I love snow days!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SAME HERE!! We made 2 huge batches of cinnamon buns and the kids played outside for hours!!

Krista

insanemommy said...

Oh.My.Gosh. Home-made pretzels! YUM!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Your little chefs are adorable!! Such a fun idea- I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I am hanging out with my cousins.